What this is all about...



Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 21: Still truckin'

Hello, Day 21!  I was having a rough time this weekend...weekends are extra hard for my no-sugarness, probably because I don't have the structure of my workday to help me along.  I told my husband that I was "sick of this no sugar thing!" to which he replied, "Well, you don't have to keep doing it."  However, I'm exceptionally stubborn, as my entire family will attest to, so I simply sighed and said, "No, I'll keep doing it."  So I made more chocolate peanut butter cups, tweaking the recipe a bit, and they are gooood.  I actually found graham crackers with no sugar (well, molasses, but that's not on my no-no list), and I used unsweetened coconut milk instead of rice milk, which gave the chocolate a richer taste. 


I also made this:



Fruity French Lentils from The Kind Diet.  I used strawberries instead of raspberries, and it was pretty good!  Definitely a good summer dish.  However, I don't think the orange juice in the recipe gives it enough of a kick.  I'm used to this lentils and veggies dish that I buy from the health food store, and it uses lemon juice.  So maybe next time I'll use lemon juice, or half lemon juice, half orange juice.

So, I made my husband hide the scale. I was getting a bit...obsessive...with the scale, and I think it was hurting my morale. So he hid it and informed me I wouldn't be able to get it unless I was tall....which I'm not. Aw, thanks, honey. He was also instructed to yell at me if he saw me touching my face. (I'm so high-maintenance, aren't I?) My skin has been breaking out horribly over the past week, from what I have no clue, and I am most definitely a popper, which is only making my skin worse. I have been successful in leaving my face alone for almost 2 days now, and it's healing up nicely. I also decided to try Aubrey Organics' Vegecol line of skin care--I've read so many great reviews about it helping people with super sensitive skin and rosacea. They have a little sample pack where you can try the whole line, which is great for me because I always spend money on a full bottle of something and then have a reaction to it (I even react to mineral makeup). I currently use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which was recommended by my dermatologist, but it has fragrance in it--the fragrance doesn't really bother me, but I don't like using anything with synthetic fragrance in it. The Purpose scores a 4 out of 10 hazard score on the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database, while the Aubrey scores a 2. Just as an ingredient, fragrance scores an 8. Definitely check this site out!

No comments:

Post a Comment